Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Thus saith the Lord, "Your work is vain|
Give your burnt-offerings o'er;
In dying goats, and bullocks slain,
My soul delights no more."
2. Then spake the Savior, "Lo, I'm here,
3. "Thy law is ever in my sight,
4. And see, the blest Redeemer comes,
5. Much he revealed his Father's grace,|
And much his truth he showed,
And preached the way of righteousness
Where great assemblies stood.
6. His Father's honor touched his heart,
7. No blood of beasts on altars shed
8. Then was the great salvation spread,
| Song Index | Home Page |