William Cowper, 1771, v. 1 - 7 from Olney Hymns, vol. 1, hymn 79
There is a fountain filled with blood|
Drawn from Emmanuel's veins,
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood
Loose all their guilty stains.
2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
3. Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
4. E'er since by faith, I saw the stream
5. Then in a nobler sweeter song|
I'll sing thy pow'r to save
When this poor lisping stamm'ring tongue
Lies silent in the grave.
6. Lord, I believe thou hast prepared
7. 'Tis strung, and tuned, for endless years,
*8. When this poor lisping, stammering tongue
| Song Index | Home Page |