Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
The praise of Zion waits for thee,|
My God, and praise becomes thy house;
There shall thy saints thy glory see,
And there perform their public vows.
2. O thou whose mercy bends the skies
3. Against my will my sins prevail,
4. Blest is the man whom thou shalt choose,|
And give him kind access to thee;
Give him a place within thy house,
To taste thy love divinely free.
5. Let Babel fear when Zion prays;
6. With dreadful glory God fulfils
7. Then shall the flocking nations run|
To Zion's hill, and own their Lord;
The rising and the setting sun
Shall see the Savior's name adored.
| Song Index | Home Page |