The first Nowell, the angel did say,|
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay;
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep,
On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell,
Born is the King of Israel.
2. For all to see there was a star,
3. And by the light of that same star
4. This star drew nigh unto the Northwest,|
Oer Bethlehem it took its rest.
And there it did both stop and stay,
Right over the place where Jesus lay.
5. Then entered in those wise men three,
6. Then let us all with one accord,
| Song Index | Home Page |