Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
This spacious earth is all the Lord's,|
And men, and worms, and beasts, and birds:
He raised the building on the seas,
And gave it for their dwelling-place.
2. But there's a brighter world on high,
3. He that abhors and fears to sin,
4. These are the men, the pious race,|
That seek the God of Jacob's face:
These shall enjoy the blissful sight,
And dwell in everlasting light.
5. Rejoice, ye shining worlds on high,
6. Ye heav'nly gates, your leaves display,
7. Raised from the dead, he goes before;|
He opens heav'n's eternal door,
To give his saints a blest abode,
Near their Redeemer and their God.
| Song Index | Home Page |