Saw you the State's money new come from the Mint?|
Some people do say it is wonderous fine;
And that you may read a great mystery in't,
Of mighty King Nol, the lord of the coin.
2. They have quite omitted his politic head,
3. For, if they had set up his picture there,
4. 'Tis monstrous strange, and yet it is true,|
In this reformation we should have such luck;
That crosses were always disdain'd by you,
Who before pull'd them down, should now set them up.
5. On this side they have circumscribed "God with us,"
6. On this side they have cross and harp,
| Song Index | Home Page |