Isaac Watts, 1719
Praise ye the Lord, my heart shall join|
In work so pleasant, so divine;
Now, while the flesh is mine abode;
And when my soul ascends to God.
2. Praise shall employ my noblest powers,
3. Why should I make a man my trust?
4. Happy the man whose hopes rely|
On Isr'el's God; He made the sky,
And earth, and seas, with all their train,
And none shall find His promise vain.
5. His truth forever stands secure;
6. The Lord hath eyes to give the blind;
7. He loves his saints, he knows them well,|
But turns the wicked down to hell:
Thy God, O Zion! ever reigns;
Praise him in everlasting strains.
| Song Index | Home Page |