John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 1, hymn 83
Physician of my sin-sick soul,|
To thee I bring my case;
My raging malady control,
And heal me by thy grace.
2. Pity the anguish I endure,
3. I would disclose my whole complaint,
4. It lies not in a single part,|
But through my frame is spread;
A burning fever in my heart,
A palsy in my head.
5. It makes me deaf, and dumb, and blind,
6. A thousand evil thoughts intrude
7. Lord I am sick, regard my cry,|
And set my spirit free;
Say, canst thou let a sinner die,
Who longs to live to thee?
| Song Index | Home Page |