Christopher Wordsworth, 1863
O Lord of heaven and earth and sea,|
To Thee all praise and glory be.
How shall we show our love to Thee,
Who givest all?
2. The golden sunshine, vernal air,
3. For peaceful homes and healthful days,
4. Thou didst not spare Thine only Son,
5. Thou giv'st the Spirit's holy dower,|
Spirit of Life and Love and Power,
And dost His sevenfold graces shower
Upon us all.
6. For souls redeemed, for sins forgiven,
7. We lose what on ourselves we spend;
8. Whatever, Lord, we lend to Thee
9. To Thee, from whom we all derive|
Our life, our gifts, our power to give.
Oh, may we ever with Thee live,
Who givest all!
| Song Index | Home Page |