Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Now plead my cause, Almighty God,|
With all the sons of strife;
And fight against the men of blood,
Who fight against my life.
2. Draw out thy spear and stop their way,
3. They plant their snares to catch my feet,
4. Let fogs and darkness hide their way,
5. They fly like chaff before the wind,|
Before thine angry breath;
The angel of the Lord behind
Pursues them down to death.
6. They love the road that leads to hell;
7. But if thou hast a chosen few
8. Then will I raise my tuneful voice,
| Song Index | Home Page |