John Keble, 1822
New every morning is the love|
Our wakening and uprising prove;
Through sleep and darkness safely brought,
Restored to life, and power, and thought.
2. New mercies, each returning day,
3. If on our daily course our mind
4. Old friends, old scenes, will lovelier be,|
As more of heaven in each we see;
Some softening gleam of love and prayer
Shall dawn on every cross and care.
5. The trivial round, the common task,
6. Seek we no more; content with these,
7. Only, O Lord, in thy dear love,|
Fit us for perfect rest above;
And help us, this and every day,
To live more nearly as we pray.
| Song Index | Home Page |