Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
My trust is in my heav'nly Friend,|
My hope in thee, my God;
Rise, and my helpless life defend
From those that seek my blood.
2. With insolence and fury they
3. If I had e'er provoked them first,
4. If there be malice found in me,
5. Arise, my God, lift up thy hand,|
Their pride and power control;
Awake to judgment, and command
Deliverance for my soul.
6. Let sinners, and their wicked rage,
7. He knows the heart, he tries the reins,
8. For me their malice digged a pit,
9. That cruel, persecuting race|
Must feel his dreadful sword:
Awake, my soul, and praise the grace
And justice of the Lord.
| Song Index | Home Page |