Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
My spirit sinks within me, Lord,|
But I will call thy name to mind,
And times of past distress record,
When I have found my God was kind.
2. Huge troubles with tumultuous noise
3. Yet will the Lord command his love,
4. I'll cast myself before his feet,|
And say, "My God, my heav'nly rock,
Why doth thy love so long forget
The soul that groans beneath thy stroke?"
5. I'll chide my heart that sinks so low,
6. Thy light and truth shall guide me still,
| Song Index | Home Page |