William Cowper, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 2, hymn 38
My song shall bless the Lord of all,|
My praise shall climb to his abode;
Thee, Saviour, by that name I call,
The great Supreme, the mighty God.
2. Without beginning, or decline,
3. As much, when in the manger laid,
4. Of all the crowns Jehovah bears,|
Salvation is his dearest claim;
That gracious sound well-pleased he hears,
And owns Emmanuel for his name.
5. A cheerful confidence I feel,
6. As man, he pities my complaint,
| Song Index | Home Page |