Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
My Savior, my almighty Friend,|
When I begin thy praise,
Where will the growing numbers end,
The numbers of thy grace?
2. Thou art my everlasting trust,
3. My feet shall travel all the length
4. When I am filled with sore distress|
For some surprising sin,
I'll plead thy perfect righteousness,
And mention none but thine.
5. How will my lips rejoice to tell
6. My tongue shall all the day proclaim
7. Awake, awake, my tuneful powers;|
With this delightful song
I'll entertain the darkest hours,
Nor think the season long.
| Song Index | Home Page |