Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
My heart rejoices in thy name,|
My God, my help, my trust;
Thou hast preserved my face from shame,
Mine honor from the dust.
2. "My life is spent with grief," I cried,
3. Among mine enemies my name
4. Slander and fear on every side|
Seized and beset me round
I to the throne of grace applied,
And speedy rescue found.
5. How great deliverance thou hast wrought
6. Thy children from the strife of tongues
7. Within thy secret presence, Lord,|
Let me for ever dwell;
No fenced city, walled and barred,
Secures a saint so well.
| Song Index | Home Page |