Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
My God, the steps of pious men|
Are ordered by thy will;
Though they should fall, they rise again,
Thy hand supports them still.
2. The Lord delights to see their ways,
3. The heav'nly heritage is theirs,
4. Wait on the Lord, ye sons of men,|
Nor fear when tyrants frown;
Ye shall confess their pride was vain,
When justice casts them down.
5. The haughty sinner have I seen,
6. And lo! he vanished from the ground,
7. But mark the man of righteousness,|
His several steps attend;
True pleasure runs through all his ways,
And peaceful is his end.
| Song Index | Home Page |