John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 1, hymn 15
Manna to Israel well supplied|
The want of other bread;
While God is able to provide,
His people shall be fed.
2. Thus though the corn and wine should fail,
3. Of his kind care how sweet a proof!
4. 'Tis thus our gracious Lord provides|
Our comforts and our cares;
His own unerring hand provides,
And gives us each our shares.
5. He knows how much the weak can bear,
6. Daily they saw the Manna come,
7. Vain their attempt to store it up,|
This was to tempt the Lord;
Israel must live by faith and hope,
And not upon a hoard.
| Song Index | Home Page |