Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Lord, thou hast seen my soul sincere,|
Hast made thy truth and love appear;
Before mine eyes I set thy laws,
And thou hast owned my righteous cause.
2. Since I have learned thy holy ways,
3. What sore temptations broke my rest!
4. That sin which close besets me still,|
That works and strives against my will:
When shall thy Spirit's sovereign power
Destroy it, that it rise no more?
5. With an impartial hand, the Lord
6. The just and pure shall ever say,
| Song Index | Home Page |