John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 2, hymn 21
Let us adore the grace that seeks|
To draw our hearts above!
Attend, 'tis God the Saviour speaks,
And every word is love.
2. Though filled with awe, before his throne
3. Careless, awhile, they live in sin,
4. Come forth, he says, no more pursue|
The paths that lead to death;
Look up, a bleeding Saviour view,
Look, and be saved by faith.
5. My sons and daughters you shall be
6. Lord, speak these words to every heart,
7. If now, we learn to seek thy face|
By Christ, the living way;
We'll praise thee for this hour of grace,
Through an eternal day.
| Song Index | Home Page |