William Cowper, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 2, hymn 44
Jesus, where'er thy people meet,|
There they behold thy mercy-seat;
Where'er they seek thee thou art found,
And every place is hallowed ground.
2. For thou, within no walls confined,
3. Dear Shepherd of thy chosen few
4. Here may we prove the pow'r of prayer,|
To strengthen faith, and sweeten care;
To teach our faint desires to rise
And bring all heav'n before our eyes.
5. Behold at thy commanding word,
6. Lord, we are few, but thou art near;
| Song Index | Home Page |