Charles Wesley, 1749
Jesus! the Name high over all,|
In hell or earth or sky;
Angels and mortals prostrate fall,
And devils fear and fly.
2. Jesus! the Name to sinners dear,
3. Jesus! the prisoner's fetters breaks,
4. O that the world might taste and see|
The riches of His grace!
The arms of love that compass me
Would all the world embrace.
5. Thee I shall constantly proclaim,
6. His only righteousness I show,
7. Happy, if with my latest breath|
I may but gasp His Name,
Preach Him to all and cry in death,
"Behold, behold the Lamb!"
| Song Index | Home Page |