Jesus shall reign wherever the sun|
Does his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
Till suns shall rise and set no more.
2. To Jesus endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown His head;
His name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of every tongue
Dwell on His love with sweetest song;
And infant voices shall proclaim
Their young Hosannas to His name.
4. Blessings abound where'er He reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains;
The weary find eternal rest,
And all the sons of want are blessed.
5. Where He displays His healing power,
Death and the curse are known no more:
In Him the tribes of Adam boast
More blessings than their father lost.
6. Let every creature rise and bring
Its grateful honors to our King;
Angels descend with songs again,
And earth prolong the loud amen!
7. Great God, whose universal sway|
The known and unknown worlds obey,
Now give the kingdom to Thy Son,
Extend His power, exalt His throne.
8. The scepter well becomes His hands;
All heaven submits to His commands;
His justice shall avenge the poor,
And pride and rage prevail no more.
9. With power He vindicates the just,
And treads the oppressor in the dust:
His worship and His fear shall last
Till the full course of time be past.
10. As rain on meadows newly mown,
So shall He send his influence down:
His grace on fainting souls distills,
Like heavenly dew on thirsty hills.
11. The heathen lands, that lie beneath
The shades of overspreading death,
Revive at His first dawning light;
And deserts blossom at the sight.
12. The saints shall flourish in His days,
Decked in the robes of joy and praise;
Peace, like a river, from His throne
Shall flow to nations yet unknown.