John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 1, hymn 125
If Paul in Caesar's court must stand,|
He need not fear the sea;
Secured from harm, on every hand,
By the divine decree.
2. Although the ship, in which he sailed,
3. Jesus! the God whom Paul adored,
4. Though neither sun nor stars were seen
5. Believers thus are tossed about|
On life's tempestuous main;
But grace assures, beyond a doubt,
They shall their port attain.
6. They must, they shall appear one day,
7. Their passage lies across the brink
8. Lord, though we are but feeble worms,
| Song Index | Home Page |