Isaac Watts, 1707
How sweet and aweful is the place|
With Christ within the doors,
While everlasting love displays
The choicest of her stores!
2. Here every bowel of our God
3. While all our hearts and all our songs
4. Why was I made to hear Thy voice,|
And enter while there's room;
When thousands make a wretched choice,
And rather starve than come?
5. 'Twas the same love that spread the feast
6. Pity the nations, O our God!
7. We long to see Thy churches full,|
That all the chosen race
May with one voice, and heart, and soul,
Sing Thy redeeming grace.
| Song Index | Home Page |