Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Help, Lord, for men of virtue fail,|
Religion loses ground,
The sons of violence prevail,
And treacheries abound.
2. Their oaths and promises they break,
3. If we reprove some hateful lie,
4. Scoffers appear on every side,
5. Lord, when iniquities abound,|
And blasphemy grows bold;
When faith is hardly to be found,
And love is waxing cold;
6. Is not thy chariot hast'ning on?
7. Yes, saith the Lord, now will I rise,
8. Thy word, like silver sev'n times tried,
| Song Index | Home Page |