Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Happy the man whose cautious feet|
Shun the broad way that sinners go,
Who hates the place where atheists meet,
And fears to talk as scoffers do.
2. He loves t' employ the morning light
3. He, like a plant by gentle streams,
4. But sinners find their counsels crossed:|
As chaff before the tempest flies,
So shall their hopes be blown and lost,
When the last trumpet shakes the skies.
5. In vain the rebel seeks to stand
6. Straight is the way my saints have trod;
| Song Index | Home Page |