Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Great God, indulge my humble claim,|
Thou art my hope, my joy, my rest;
The glories that compose thy name
Stand all engaged to make me blest.
2. Thou great and good, thou just and wise,
3. With heart, and eyes, and lifted hands,
4. With early feet I love t' appear
5. Not fruits nor wines that tempt our taste,|
Nor all the joys our senses know,
Could make me so divinely blest,
Or raise my cheerful passions so.
6. My life itself without thy love
7. Amidst the wakeful hours of night,
8. I'll lift my hands, I'll raise my voice,
| Song Index | Home Page |