Isaac Watts, 1706
God is the Name my soul adores,|
The almighty Three, the eternal One;
Nature and grace, with all their powers,
Confess the Infinite unknown.
2. Thy voice produced the sea and spheres,
3. Still restless nature dies and grows;
4. A glance of Thine runs through the globe,|
Rules the bright worlds, and moves their frame;
Of light Thou formíst Thy dazzling robe;
Thy ministers are living flame.
5. How shall polluted mortals dare
6. Who can behold the blazing light?
| Song Index | Home Page |