Henry Downton, 1841
For Thy mercy and Thy grace,|
Faithful through another year,
Hear our song of thankfulness;
Saviour and Redeemer, hear!
2. Lo, our sins on Thee we cast,
3. Dark the future; let Thy light
4. In our weakness and distress,|
Rock of strength, be Thou our Stay;
In the pathless wilderness
Be our true and living Way.
5. Who of us death's awful road
6. Keep us faithful, keep us pure,
7. So within Thy palace gate|
We shall praise on golden strings
Thee the only Potentate,
Lord of lords and King of kings.
| Song Index | Home Page |