Issac Watts, 1674-1748
Blest is the man who shuns the place|
Where sinners love to meet;
Who fears to tread their wicked ways,
And hates the scoffer's seat.
2. But in the statutes of the Lord
3. He, like a plant of gen'rous kind,
4. Green as the leaf, and ever fair,|
Shall his profession shine
While fruits of holiness appear
Like clusters on the vine.
5. Not so the impious and unjust;
6. Sinners in judgment shall not stand
7. His eye beholds the path they tread,|
His heart approves it well
But crooked ways of sinners lead
Down to the gates of hell.
| Song Index | Home Page |