Isaac Watts, 1707
Begin, my tongue, some heavenly theme|
And speak some boundless thing;
The mighty works, or mightier name,
Of our eternal King.
2. Tell of His wonderful faithfulness,
3. Proclaim "salvation from the Lord
4. Engraved as in eternal brass
5. He that can dash whole worlds to death,|
And make them when he please,
He speaks, and that almighty breath
Fulfils his great decrees.
6. His very Word of grace is strong
7. He said, "Let the wide heav'n be spread,"
8. O might I hear the heav'nly tongue
9. How would my leaping heart rejoice,|
And think my heav'n secure!
I trust the all-creating voice,
And faith desires no more.
| Song Index | Home Page |