Samuel Medley, 1782
Awake, my soul, to joyful lays|
And sing Thy great Redeemer's praise.
He justly claims a song from me,
His loving-kindness, oh, how free!
2. He saw me ruined in the Fall,
3. When I was Satan's easy prey
4. Through mighty hosts of cruel foes,
5. When trouble, like a gloomy cloud,|
Has gathered thick and thundered loud,
He near my soul has always stood,
His loving-kindness, oh, how near!
6. When earthly friends forsake me quite
7. Too oft I feel my sinful heart
8. When I shall pass death's gloomy vale
9. Then shall I mount and soar away|
To the bright world of endless day
And sing with rapture and surprise
His loving-kindness in the skies.
| Song Index | Home Page |