Alas, my love, you do me wrong,|
To cast me off discourteously.
For I have loved you well and long,
Delighting in your company.
Greensleeves was all my joy
Greensleeves was my delight,
Greensleeves was my heart of gold,
And who but my lady greensleeves.
2. Your vows you've broken, like my heart,
3. I have been ready at your hand,
4. If you intend thus to disdain,
5. My men were clothed all in green,|
And they did ever wait on thee;
All this was gallant to be seen,
And yet thou wouldst not love me.
6. Thou couldst desire no earthly thing,
7. Well, I will pray to God on high,
8. Ah, Greensleeves, now farewell, adieu,
| Song Index | Home Page |