John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 2, hymn 95
A Garden contemplation suits,|
And may instruction yield,
Sweeter than all the flow'rs and fruits
With which the spot is filled.
2. Eden was Adam's dwelling place,
3. Oft as the garden-walk we tread,
4. The garden of Gethsemane,
5. How stupid we, who can forget,|
With gardens in our sight,
His agonies and bloody sweat,
In that tremendous night.
6. His church as a fair garden stands,
7. Believing hearts are gardens too,
8. Such themes to those who Jesus love,
| Song Index | Home Page |