See also this related song.
Three maidens a-milking did go|
Three maidens a-milking did go
And the wind it did blow high
And the wind it did blow low
And it quivered their pails to and fro.
2. They met with a man by the way
3. O yes I will show you some skills
4. To the merry greenwood they all went|
To the merry greenwood they all went
For the birds they did whistle
On every green thistle
For they very well knew their intent.
5. I laid my love under a bush
6. Then her sparkling eyes turned around
7. Pretty maidens be ruled by me|
Pretty maidens be ruled by me
Never catch a small bird
Upon a green ground
But catch them upon the green tree.
| Song Index | Home Page |