Thomas Kelly, 1815
We sing the praise of Him who died,|
Of Him who died upon the cross;
The sinners' Hope let men deride,
For this we count the world but loss.
2. Inscribed upon that cross we see
3. The cross!--it takes our guilt away.|
It holds the fainting spirit up,
It cheers with hope the gloomy day,
And sweetens every bitter cup.
4. It makes the coward spirit brave
5. The balm of life, the cure of woe,|
The measure and the pledge of love,
* The sinners' refuge here below,
* The angels theme in heaven above.
| Song Index | Home Page |