The wind doth blow today my love|
A few small drops of rain,
Never have I had but one true love
In cold clay she is laid.
2. I'll do as much for my true love
3. The twelve-month and the day being gone
4. 'Tis I, 'tis I, thine own true love
5. You crave one kiss from my clay cold lips|
But my breath is earthly strong,
Had you one kiss from my clay cold lips
Your time would not be long.
6. My time be long, my time be short
7. See down in younder garden green
8. The stalk is withered dry my love
| Song Index | Home Page |