The night being dark and very cold,|
A woman took pity on a poor soul.
She took pity on a poor old soul
And asked him to come in.
With a tooroo, rooroo, rantin hi,
A tooroo, rooroo, rantin hi,
Tooroo, rooroo rantin hi,
And hi for the beggarman.
2. He sat him down in a chimney nook;
3. In the middle of the night the old woman rose;
4. Three long years have passed and gone,|
When this old man came back again,
Asking for a charity:
"Would you lodge a beggarman?"
5. "I never lodged any but the one,
6. "Would you like to see your daughter now,
7. "For yonder she sits and yonder she stands,
| Song Index | Home Page |