Full many a long wild winter's night|
And sultry summer's day
Are past and gone since James took flight
From Derry Walls away.
Cold are the hands that closed that gate
Against the wily foe
But here to Time's remotest date,
Their spirit still shall glow.
2. So here's a health to all good men,
3. While some opposed, the gates they closed,
4. Then came the hot and doubtful fray,
5. Renowned are they who face their foes|
As men and heros should;
But let the slave steal to his grave
Who fears to shed his blood,
The matchless deeds of those who here
Defied the tyrant 's frown
On history's bright rolls appear
Emblazoned in renown.
6. Here deathless Walker's faithful word
7. Oh! Sure a heart of stone would melt,
8. Yet here they stood in field of blood,
9. Shall rebels vile rule o'er our isle,|
And call it all their own?
Oh, surely no! The faithless foe
Must bend before the throne
Then here's a health to all good men,
To all good men and true;
And when we close our gates again,
We'll then be all True Blue.
| Song Index | Home Page |