And did you go to see the show,|
Each rose and pink a dilly, O!
To feast your eyes, and view the prize,
Won by the Orange Lily, O!
Heigh ho, the Lily, O!
The royal,loyal Lily,O
Beneath the sky, what flower can vie.
With Erin's Orange Lily, O!
2. The Viceroy there, so debonair,
3. Sir Charley too, looked, very blue,
4. A fairer flower, throughout the bower
5. The lowland field may roses yield,|
Gay heaths the Highland hilly, O!
But high or low, no flower can show,
Like Erin's Orange Lily, O!
6. Let dandies fine in Bond Street shine,
7. The elated muse, to hear the news,
8. Then come brave boys, and share her joys,
| Song Index | Home Page |