Twas down by Rannigans Corner one morning I did stray|
I met a fellow rebel and to me he did say
"We have orders from our captain to assemble at Dunmar
But how are we to get there without a motor car".
2. Well Barney dear be of good cheer Ill tell you what well do
The Specials they are plentiful but the IRA are few
"Well send a wire to Johnson to met us at Stranolar
And well give The Boys a bloody good ride in Johnsons Motor Car."
3. When Doctor Johnson heard the news he soon put on his shoes
He said this is an urgent case there is no time to loose
He then put on his castor hat and on his breast a star
You could hear the din all through Lough Finn of Johnsons motor car.
4. But when he got to the railway bridge the rebels he saw there
Old Johnson knew the game was up for at him they did stare
He said, "I have a permit to travel near and far!"
"To Hell with your English permit. We want your motor car."
5. "What will my loyal brethren think when they hear this news
My car it has been commandeered by the rebels at Dunloose"
"Well give you a receipt for it all signed by Captain Kerr
And when Ireland gets her freedom boy youll get your motor car.
6. We put that car in motion and filled it to the brim
With guns and bayonets shining it made old Johnson grim
Old Barney hoisted a Sinn Fein flag and it fluttered like a star
And we gave three cheers for the IRA and Johnsons motor car.