Written between 1913 and 1916
Oh, Mrs. McGrath! the sergeant said,|
Would you like to make a soldier out of your son, Ted,
With a scarlet coat and a big cocked hat,
Now Mrs. McGrath, wouldn't you like that?
Wid yer too-ri-aa, fol-the-diddle-aa,
Wid yer too-ri-aa
Láv beg, the Cracker-O.
2. So Mrs. McGrath lived on the sea shore,
3. Oh, Captain dear, where have you been
4. Then up comes Ted without any legs
5. Oh then were ye drunk or were ye blind|
That ye left yer two fine legs behind
Or was it walking upon the sea
Wore yer two fine legs from the knees away?
6. Oh I wasn't drunk and I wasn't blind
7. Oh then Teddy me boy, the widow cried,
8. All foreign wars I do proclaim
9. Oh then, if I had you back again
| Song Index | Home Page |