You gentle Muses, I pray excuse me,|
Your kind infusion now grant once more,
Till I praise a maiden sweet and engaging
She's lovely Venus I do adore
Unless you'll aid me, my art will fail me,
A sketch most pleasing I must have drawn
And still I'm eager from heart to please her,
Sweet lovely Katie of Liskehaun.
2. One frosty morning while passing northways,
3. In the evening early when home returning
4. Although young Katie is a rich young lady,|
And far superior in wealth for me,
Yet while acquainted she is kind and faithful,
By long experience I this can see.
In the fruit season when the road seems weary
And I going early back to Drishawn,
All my consolation was seeing young Katie,
That lovely maiden of Liskehaun.
5. If you seen young Katie dressed out so gaily,
6. If Jason famous had known young Katie,
7. Farewell, dear Katie, I now must leave you,|
The train from Limerick is passing by,
It checks me freely and bids me stay with
The lovely maiden of Bunratty,
But summer season and times are changing
Once more I'll stray back from fair Drishawn,
And make application to my sweet young Katie
That lovely fair one of Liskehaun.
| Song Index | Home Page |