Long long ago in this ancient land|
A battle took place where two hills now stand
And on the plain there lay the slain
For neither the battle was won.
2. So the bard did sing of these fairy hills
3. Beneath these hills great heroes lie
4. And so the harper was told these fairy tales|
Of these fairy hills of the ancient Gaels
One big one small Si Bheag Si Mhor
And never the battle is won.
5. Twas after the battle the prophet foretold
6. So then the harper wrote of these fairy hills
| Song Index | Home Page |