It was a quiet Sunday|
As brethren left prayer;
But one thousand RUC men
Were waiting for them there.
2. Freddie Hall, he had the choice
3. They won't protest to us he said
4. Harold Gracey said "We're here
5. So go back to Garvaghy
6. But police put on their riot gear|
Preparing for a fight,
And the siege of Drumcree churchyard
Began that Sunday night.
7. They came from every county
8. The support for loyal Portadown
9. As the siege approached its second night
10. So on the Tuesday morning
11. No more calls for compromise|
Or trying to appease,
The Protestants of Ulster
Have got up off their knees.
| Song Index | Home Page |