Thomas Moore, from Irish Melodies, vol. 8
Down in the valley come meet me to-night,|
And I'll tell you your fortune truly
As ever 'twas told, by the new-moon's light,
To a young maiden, shining as newly.
2. But, for the world, let no one be nigh,
3. If at that hour the heavens be not dim,
4. And if to that phantom you'll be kind,|
So fondly around you he'll hover,
You'll hardly, my dear, any difference find
'Twixt him and a true living lover.
5. Down at your feet, in the pale moonlight,
6. What other thoughts and events may arise,
| Song Index | Home Page |