|: And who are you, me pretty fair maid|
And who are you, me honey? :|
She answered me quite modestly,
"I am me mother's darling."
With me too-ry-ay
2. |: And will you come to me mother's house,
3. |: So I went to her house in the middle of the night
4. |: She took me horse by the bridle and the bit
5. |: Then she took me by the lily-white hand|
And she led me to the table :|
Saying "There's plenty of wine for a soldier boy,
To drink it if you're able."
6. |: Then I got up and made the bed
7. |: And there we lay till the break of day
8. |: And when will you return again